Basic Modelling - Bride & Groom
Time:10am - 4pm
Equipment:All equipment, icing and flower paste will be provided.
Class size:This class has a maximum of 6 students.
To book your place, choose a date below:Wednesday 7th August 2013
Friday 1st November 2013
What will you learn in this class?
- Sitting figures
- Standing figures
- Securing figures without inedible supports
- Creating figures which can be removed from a wedding cake to keep
- Positioning figures upon cakes
- Creating a suitable bride and groom arrangement
- Planning the modelling process
- Learn different ways of constructing figures
- Using different colour combinations
- Using different pastes
- Colouring pastes
- Making your own glue
- Learn how to use gunge effectively
- Building a figure
- Creating legs in trousers
- Forming arms and hands
- Making faces with expression
- Learn how you can create stable and tall figures
- Painting facial details
- Learn about creating different fabric effects
- Learn tricks of the trade, ask questions and gain many hints and tips on modelling
- Using lustre dusts to embellish fabrics and details
- How to dress your figures
- Creating hair in different ways
- How to create tiny bouquets
- Make a buttonhole
- Creating bows
- Arranging and securing finished models
- Using ribbons to best effect on models
- Finishing display boards with ribbon
- Rescuing mistakes and accidents
- Boxing your figures
Why you should come to this class.
If you worry about wedding season coming around, and the possibility of being asked to create a gorgeous bride and groom for the top of the cake, then this class is definitely for you!
During this class you will learn how to create the basic shapes that make up different body parts for a sitting and a standing character. Using modelling paste, you will carefully create a beautiful bride standing next to her man, who will be sitting by her side. You will learn different techniques to dress and embellish your characters, and use different embossing techniques to give realistic effects on their clothing, including matching the bouquet in the brides hands to the real brides bouquet.
Faces are also incredibly important when creating a bride and groom. We will show you how to create different expressions on their faces and how to pose your models in different ways – not just standing and sitting.
Then finally, the all important securing the characters to the cake will show you different ways to ensure that your beautiful creations stay where you put them!
What will you take home from this class?
You will create a sitting Groom and a standing Bride during this class, which you will take home with you at the end
We know you will leave this class with the confidence to create many different people based characters, not just a bride and groom!
Each student will also be given our very detailed PDF (emailed to you after the class) that we wrote to accompany this class, giving full instructions and lots of useful photos to help remind you of what you learned in class.
What will you need to bring to this class?
We will supply a 4" iced dummy and board for your bride and groom to sit on, the modelling paste and flowerpaste, plus all equipment and boxes to take your Bride and Groom home in!
Please bring an apron and a packed lunch with you. The Cake Makery will provide tea, coffee and cold refreshments as needed!