Time:10am - 2pm
Equipment:All equipment and flower paste will be provided.
Cupcakes:We will provide you with 6 cupcakes to decorate.
Class size:This class has a maximum of 6 students.
To book your place, choose a date below:Sunday 12th May 2013
Sunday 16th June 2013
Sunday 14th July 2013
Sunday 11th August 2013
Sunday 15th September 2013
Sunday 13th October 2013
Sunday 17th November 2013
Sunday 15th December 2013
What you will learn in this class:
- The basics of baking the perfect cupcake.
- How to ice a wonderful dome to give a chic and elegant finish to your decoration.
- How to fill your cupcake with buttercream or any other frosting.
- How to make modelling paste and how to store it in a way that is easy to work with later.
- How to colour icing the easy way.
- How to make pearls and making them all the same size.
- How to make a mini rose using only a simple circle cutter.
- How to use the daisy and blossom plunger cutters to create a stunning cupcake.
- How to use hydrangea and petunia cutters and veiners to make gorgeous flowers
- How to make a leaf and vine without using cutters
- How to create beautiful filler flowers using just a pair of scissors
- How to make and use your own templates.
- How to make a beautiful rose without any cutters.
- How to mix different colours of sugarpaste in order to get secondary colours.
- The secret of piping straight lines, dots and the right consistency of royal icing for piping and how to make it.
Why you should come to this class.
Our couture cupcakes class has been designed to teach beginners how to create stylish, edible decorations that will suit any party, or event that you make them for. They make wonderful gifts for friends and family and suit just about any occasion!
We teach you how to work with sugarpaste and modelling paste (tylo powder and sugarpaste) as well as creating a dome shape with buttercream. You will also see how many of the decorations on the cupcakes can be created without the use of expensive tools and cutters.
We will also introduce you to flower paste and modelling paste so you understand the difference between the two. There will also be an introduction on how to bake the perfect cupcake. We also give our students the recipe for the cupcakes, buttercream and flower paste, together with all the information needed to recreate the couture cupcakes as many times as you wish. This all comes printed and bound in a folder with step by step pictures and very detailed explanation.
What will you take home from this class?
At the end of the class you will have completed 6 glamorous and beautiful cupcakes, you will also get a box to transport them home in plus a 40 page, very detailed booklet (emailed to you) with step by step notes.
The skills you will take home, will ensure your confidence in working with sugarpaste and modelling paste.
What will you need to bring to this class?
We will supply the cupcakes, buttercream, sugarpaste, flowerpaste and modelling pastes, plus all the equipment and boards and boxes to take your cupcakes home in, so you don't need to bring anything!
We do however advise you bring an apron with you! The Cake Makery will provide tea, coffee and cold refreshments as needed!
This class is for beginners and anyone looking to perfect their skills a bit further, giving you the confidence to recreate the cupcakes or come up with your own designs.
This is a 4 hour class on a Saturday so if you work during the week, you don't have to take a day off!. You will get plenty of time to decorate the cupcakes and ask lots of questions without worying about taking notes. It is a maximum of 6 students only class, this allows us to give you more personalised teaching and attention.