Elegant Ivory Cupcakes
Time:7.30 - 10.30pm (Evening class)
Equipment:All equipment and flower paste will be provided.
Cupcakes:We will provide you with 6 cupcakes to decorate.
Class size:This class has a maximum of 6 students.
To book your place, choose a date below:Tuesday 18th June
Tuesday 13th August
Monday 16th September
Tuesday 15th October
Tuesday 12th November
What you will learn in this class:
- The basics of baking the perfect cupcake.
- How to ice a wonderful dome to give a chic and elegant finish to your decoration.
- How to fill your cupcake with buttercream or any other frosting.
- How to make modelling paste and how to store it in a way that is easy to work with later.
- How to colour icing the easy way.
- How to make pearls and making them all the same size.
- How to make an open rose using only a 5 petal rose cutter.
- How to make a ribbon rose without any cutters.
- How to add textures to your sugarpaste tops.
- How to make a simple and easy bow without a cutter.
- How to make and use your own templates.
- How to make a beautiful rose without any cutters.
- How to mix different colours of sugarpaste in order to get secondary colours.
- The secret of piping straight lines, the right consistency of royal icing for piping and how to make it.
Why you should come to this class.
These cute little cupcakes have been designed to get the absolute beginner started in decorating beautiful cupcakes, using a simple ivory sugarpaste as our base, we think they would look amazing at anyones bridal shower, hen night or even wedding day. Change the colours a little and they become great mothers day, best friends birthday or just any day cupcakes!
Our 'Elegant Ivory' class will teach you how to work with sugarpaste and modelling paste (tylo powder and sugarpaste) as well as creating a dome shape with buttercream. You will also see how many of the decorations on the cupcakes can be created without the use of expensive tools and without any cutters.
We will also introduce you to flower paste and modelling paste so you understand the difference between the two. There will also be an introduction on how to bake the perfect cupcake. We also give our students the recipe for the cupcakes, buttercream and flower paste, together with all the information needed to recreate the ivory cupcakes as many times as you wish. This all comes printed and bound in a folder with step by step pictures and very detailed explanation.
What will you take home from this class?
At the end of the class you will have completed 6 elegant ivory cupcakes, you will also get a box to transport them home in plus a 31 page, very detailed booklet (emailed to you) with step by step notes.
The skills you will take home, will ensure your confidence in working with sugarpaste and modelling paste.
What will you need to bring to this class?
We will supply the cupcakes, buttercream, sugarpaste, flowerpaste and modelling pastes, plus all the equipment and boards and boxes to take your cupcakes home in, so you don't need to bring anything!
We do however advise you bring an apron with you! The Cake Makery will provide tea, coffee and cold refreshments as needed!
We provide tea and coffee throughout the class, and teach you in a professional, fun and relaxed atmosphere.
This class is for beginners and anyone looking to perfect their skills a bit further, giving you the confidence to recreate the cupcakes or come up with your own designs.
This is a 3 hour class in the evening so if you are a mum with young children, leave dad at home and get an evening off!. You will get plenty of time to decorate the cupcakes and ask lots of questions without worying about taking notes. It is a maximum of 6 students only class, this allows us to give you more personalised teaching and attention.