Sweet Peas & Orchids
Time:10am - 4pm
Skill Level:(some experience is helpful but not required)
Equipment:All equipment, and flower paste will be provided.
Class size:This class has a maximum of 6 students.
What will you learn in this class?
- Working with flowerpaste to create petals that look realistic.
- Colouring your flowerpaste.
- Creating your own templates.
- Using cutters and veiners to produce realistic petals and leaves.
- Making your own glue.
- Understanding florists wires and tapes.
- Attaching wires to leaves and petals.
- Learn to use your tools to manipulate flowerpaste into naturalistic floral details.
- Create beautiful, realistic sugar flowers.
- Making buds and leaves.
- Use dust colours to effectively colour your flowers, buds and foliage.
- The benefits of steaming and confectioners glaze.
- Make twining tendrils from florist tape.
- Neat and secure taping using florist tape.
- Tape buds, flowers and foliage into natural stems.
- Combine your stems into a beautiful spray.
- Using ribbons to enhance your flowers.
- Benefit from numerous hints and tips that you will get during the course of the day.
- Learn to rescue mistakes and accidents.
- Learn many tricks of the trade.
Why you should come to this class.
This 1 day class will teach you how to create beautiful sweet peas and Cattleya Orchids. You will make each petal, colour them, wire them together and create a beautiful spray that you can take home with you and use on a cake of your choice.
What will you take home from this class?
You will make a small bouquet of sweetpeas and orchids during this class, which you will take home with you at the end
We will provide you with a box to take your flowers home in
Each student will also be given our very detailed PDF (emailed to you after the class) that we wrote to accompany this class, giving full instructions and lots of useful photos to help remind you of what you learned in class.
What will you need to bring to this class?
We will supply the flowerpaste, plus all the equipment and boxes to take your flowers home in!
Please bring an apron and a packed lunch with you. The Cake Makery will provide tea, coffee and cold refreshments as needed!